Welcome to UFTI-T2 Center's Basic TTC registration page. UFTI-T2 Center offers Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced TTC training in virtual, in-person, and hybrid settings on behalf of the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT).
- A laptop or desktop with a microphone, camera, speakers, and a high-speed internet connection is required to attend virtual courses.
- The registrant agrees to the virtual course requirements and temporary identification number (TIN) consent.
- To register, select your organization type, student fee, and click Register Now. Complete student information and payment method and confirm registration.
This interactive course with practical applications was designed to guide students in using the FDOT standards and the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) through instruction, audio and visual presentation, and real-world type examples to develop safe and efficient traffic control plans.
This course was designed for individuals actively involved in flagging during an active temporary traffic control operating in a work zone.
This course begins by introducing the fundamental principles of a TTC. Students will learn to maintain safe movement of all public right-of-way users by applying local state, and federal policy and manuals. The course will guide students through general terms and procedures used in work zones, different types of temporary traffic control devices, and the intended function and the appropriate use of each device while defining the elements that make up temporary traffic control zones.
Students will work to discover solutions for maintaining safe movement of traffic, pedestrians, transit operations, and access to property and utilities when our work zone disrupts the normal function of a roadway. Following the course instruction, students will demonstrate flagging procedures and complete an online exam.
The course will emphasize conduction flagging operations for a safe environment on the project for fellow workers, motorists, and pedestrians.Virtual courses will be instructor-led using Zoom with live instruction, interactive discussions, breakout rooms, and a proctored online exam. You will be able to see and hear your instructor and the other students. Likewise, the instructor and students will be able to see and hear you.
- Select Fee and Organization Type
- Registration includes an electronic copy of the training course book.
- Hard Copy Books are available for purchase upon request.
- Course access and electronic books will be emailed to registrants from email@example.com.
2. Login & TIN Consent
- On the morning of the course our team will welcome you and verify your identity by recording your driver’s license number for your TTC training record.
- The registrant provides consent for UFTI-T2 Center, FDOT, and MOT/TTC Administrator to use the first 9 numbers of their driver’s license as a temporary identification number (TIN) for verification purposes and their TTC student profile. Any student who declines consent is not eligible to take the course.
3. During the Virtual Course
- A microphone, camera, speakers, and a high-speed Internet connection are required. This is an interactive class; your camera must be on for the entire course.
4. Exam Process
- The final exam includes an online or written portion and physical demonstration.
- Online/written exam is 10 true-false questions.
- Demonstration portion of the exam includes an evaluation of students conducting flagging procedures as instructed.
- Coordinator will return scanned documents for submittal to FDOT.
5. Certificate and Wallet Card
- After the exam, our team will send your exam responses, evaluation, and attendance record to the MOT/TTC Administrator for grading. Please allow 2-3 weeks for the MOT/TTC Administrator to complete the grading process.
- Students will receive an email with login instructions to see their results.
- A passing grade will have a link to download a wallet card and full-size certificate.
- Not sure about an online exam? Limited supply of computers for your group?
- Email T2training@ce.ufl.edu to learn about Hybrid courses with proctored paper and pencil exam.
- Need some help with Zoom? Want to see the course environment? Want to test your equipment?
- Email T2training@ce.ufl.edu to request a session M-F 8AM-5PM to test your equipment and connection prior to your class date.
- Not comfortable showing your driver’s license on camera?
- Please request a separate virtual room.
This is required for personnel with the responsibility or authority to flag traffic control through work zones on the state transportation network. These positions include:
- FDOT employee, contractor, consultant, surveyor, utility company personnel, local maintaining agency, or any other appropriate person responsible for work zone traffic control flagging operations in work zones on the State Highway System.
- Fundamentals of Plans Reading (Recommended)