- CEUs: 0.8
- Time of class: 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- TREEO FDEP OCP 04231029: CEUs 0.8 DS DW WW
- Virtual Students: will need both microphone and camera access to participate in the course NO EXCEPTIONS
Course coordinator: Areiole Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (352) 392-9570 or 352-294-3877
This one-day course is designed to give the water and wastewater operator a basic understanding of how centrifugal and positive displacement pumps operate and what is required to keep them well maintained.
This class is for operators, mechanical maintenance personnel, supervisors and engineers of water and wastewater systems and regulators.
- Class introduction, pre-test and an overview of the pumps used in water and wastewater operations
- Positive displacement pump operation and troubleshooting
- Centrifugal pump operation and components
- Centrifugal pump operation and components (cont’d)
- How to effectively adjust or replace pump packing.
- Common preventive and predictive maintenance techniques
- Basic pump troubleshooting methods
- Class summary, post-test
"The teacher was very imformative and helpful."
"I liked most how we were taught to ask "Why" something happened rather than just methods and steps to repair and replace".
" Liked most learning the difference between centrifugals positive displacement pumps"
"course was full of great and useful information"
"I liked best, Glynn's ability to convey the information in a laymans type manner."
"I liked the troubleshooting table"