- CEUs: 0.5
- TREEO FDEP OCP 04231039: CEUs 0.5 DS DW WW
- FBPE Provider #0004021: 5 CEHs
- Time: 8:00am-1:00pm
- Virtual Students: will need both microphone and camera access NO EXCEPTIONS
Course coordinator: Areiole Williams email@example.com
Phone: (352) 392-9570 or 352-294-3877
This course is designed to give the student an overview of how to identify and maintain the pipes and valves commonly found in a water distribution system. Subjects covered include piping dynamics, types of pipes and fittings, pipe joining methods, types of valves, proper valve operation, basic valve maintenance and troubleshooting techniques.
- Describe the forces placed on water system piping and valves
- List the different piping and tubing materials found in a typical water distribution system
- Identify and describe the various joining methods for pipes and tubing
- Identify and describe the various valves found in a water system
- Discuss the proper operation and maintenance of water system valves
- Explain how to effectively perform emergency water line repairs
"I liked most the way the handout book is made, simple but complete on information."
"Excellent instructor! Covered a lot of information I did not previously know."
"I liked getting to see how everything actually worked instead of just hearing about it."
"I liked most how Glynn presented and involved the class."
"Clear explanation of topic."
"Liked how Glynn goes in detail about gate valves."