- CEUs: 0.8
- TREEO FDEP OCP 04231040: CEUs 0.8 DS WW
- FBPE Provider # : 0004021 8.0 CEHs
- SWMTC Course #: 979
- Solid Waste: Class I, III/C&D/MRF/TS: 8 Hours
- Time of class: 8am-5pm
- Virtual Students: will need both microphone and camera access NO EXCEPTIONS
Course coordinator: Areiole Williams email@example.com
Phone: (352) 392-9570 or 352-294-3877
This one-day class is designed to give the student an overview of the day-to-day operation and maintenance of wastewater lift stations. Subjects covered will include types of lift stations, lift station operating principles, components, routine PM requirements and basic troubleshooting techniques.
Lift Station Maintenance Agenda
Course Introduction – The Lift Station: Purpose, Location and Design
Lift Station Components and Safety Considerations
Pumps, Motors, and Controls
Conducting Lift Station Inspections and Visits
Performing Wet Well Draw Down Testing
Typical Problems and Responding to Station Alarms
Periodic Maintenance and Recordkeeping
Session Review and Knowledge Test
- Discuss the purpose, typical locations and types of lift stations commonly found in wastewater collection systems.
- List and describe the components found in a lift station.
- List the hazards and how to work safely in and around lift stations.
- Describe the basic electrical and control systems found in lift stations.
- Describe the operation of centrifugal pumps and their components.
- Describe the procedure for inspecting a lift station.
- List the tasks that should be performed during routine lift station visits.
- Using a draw-down formula, the student will be able to calculate a pump's flow rate when given the wet well's filling and emptying times.
- Discuss the procedure to follow when responding to system alarms.
- Give examples of some typical lift station problems and how to respond to them.
- Describe the purpose of periodic maintenance and the considerations that go into determining maintenance frequencies.
- List and describe the recordkeeping requirements of a lift station.
"Excellent instructor, very good at explaining."
"Lots of helpful, logical solutions to operations and maintenance. Things that I can do."
"I liked the open forum and discussion of experiences from other participants."
"I learned a lot."
"The Instruction was taught using experience from the field."
"Liked most the detail of material and handouts on preventive maintenance program""Instruction was well taught, with questions and answers for a better understanding. Mr. Stoffel did a great job!"