- CEUs: 3.2
- TREEO FDEP OCP 04251059: CEUs 3.2 WW
- FBPE Provider #: 0004021 32 CEHs
- Time of class : 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Course coordinator: Areiole Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (352) 392-9570 or 352-294-3877
This interactive four-day course includes hands-on use of advanced microscopes, slide preparation and filament staining techniques. Students will learn proper care and use of microscopes as well as activated sludge process testing and troubleshooting. The course focuses on the valuable information a microscope provides for controlling and troubleshooting an activated sludge wastewater treatment plant.
Students are encouraged to bring small MLSS samples from their facility to use during slide preparation and organism identification exercises.
- Learn proper microscope use in the treatment plant
- Slide preparation and organism identification
- Prepare gram and Neisser stains for filament identification
- Learn wet mount slide preparation techniques.
Planning to bring a sample to the Microbiology class?
Here’s what to do:
- Use a small (100 mL) plastic bottle with a secure lid
- Collect sample from normal location for grabbing MLSS settleability test
- Collect sample as close to the day of travel to TREEO as possible (fresher is better)
- Add about 20 mL of fresh MLSS to bottle, secure lid
- DO NOT add preservatives
- Be sure there is adequate air space (aerobic organisms like oxygen)
- Place sample in a Ziploc bag for extra leak proofing
- Write date and time and location on bottle or bag, or both
- No need to place on ice if viewing within 12 hrs.
- You are welcome to bring multiple samples from various locations, just follow above guide
This class is for operators, supervisors, regulatory personnel, and engineers of water and wastewater systems and regulators.
This is an excellent course for intermediate to advanced level operators.