- CEUs: 2.5
- TREEO FDEP OCP 04251034: CEUs: 2.5 WW
- FBPE Provider # : 0004021 25 CEHs
- Time of class days 1, 2, & 3: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Time of class day 4: 8:00 a.m. -noon
- Virtual Students: will need both microphone and camera access NO EXCEPTIONS
Course coordinator: Areiole Williams email@example.com
Phone: (352) 392-9570 or 352-294-3877
In this 3.5 day course you will learn how to identify, evaluate and solve operational difficulties before they become serious. The instructor explains common data, tests, and calculations used for process monitoring and troubleshooting. This course will guide you in the steps to apply the evaluation process in detailed and realistic examples. This course is highly suggested if you are having trouble with the process control category on your wastewater certification exam.
At the completion of the training the student should be able to optimize the performance of an existing activated sludge wastewater treatment system in order to achieve regulatory compliance and minimize environmental impacts.
- Facility troubleshooting and optimization
- Activated sludge operating modes and process control methods
- Effects of industrial waste and sewer-use ordinance
- Unit process evaluation and optimization
- Biological nutrient removal
It is recommended that students of this advanced course be familiar with the activated sludge process, and have a thorough working knowledge of the various modes of operation before taking this course. Not for the beginner!
This course is for water and wastewater treatment plant managers, advanced level operators and supervisors; for crew chiefs, lead operators and shift foremen; for public works foremen and superintendents; and for regulatory agency personnel.
"Ron is a great instructor, makes the information from the manuals easy and practical to understand. Keep up the good work!"
"I learned a lot more about looking at the whole picture of things as a problem that could happen."
"A very valuable tool for anyone who works in WW. A real eye opener. This was the best troubleshooting course I have attended. Ron keeps the information interesting!"